Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Update

I decided there needed to be an update, so here is what has happened in the last few weeks, some of this may have been gone over already, but it is 30 degrees Celsius here and so I don't care.

1. My parents sold the house I have lived in my entire life and have bought a smaller house on the opposite side of town. They have the first week of August in which to move. Any strong people in the Guelph area are welcome to come over and help move stuff to the new house.

2. The next day, I flew out to Victoria to defend my thesis and visit with my friends. A good time was had by all!

3. Two days after I got back, it was my cousin's wedding (I will have pictures as soon as I find my USB cable). It was a lovely wedding, and the rain stopped just in time to have the ceremony outside in the middle of an old millpond. It was really pretty.

4. Two days later I drove back up to Muskoka with my cousin, and have been hired by the local historical society to help write their next book, which is a history of all the historical houses in the area. I also might be involved in some kind of database project for the library if they get the funding. So, I will be spending the summer on the lake. ahhhhh.

5. My dad is having surgery for a tummy hernia today, so we would appreciate it if you thought of him today. We don't expect any problems and he should be back home tonight.

That is all. I have to go down to the beach and have a swim now. tough life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the job!!

And I will keep your dad in my thoughts.