Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Becoming a mean mom

So, yesterday the rabbit escaped the bathroom while I was brushing my teeth and made a mad dash for my bed. This was the brushing of teeth that happens five seconds before I need to be out the door. She hid right in the middle of the foot of the bed. This bed is a whole unit, and I think it would take five or six burly guys to even make it budge, so I was forced to leave her there until I got home.

When I got home, my landlady wanted to meet the bunny, so she came down with me, and we sort of got a cute little silhouette of rabbit under the bed, but she refused to come out. I assured my landlady that miss baz was litter trained and she wouldn't have done anything under the bed.

Once she went back upstairs, I made some discoveries that suggested miss baz had not in fact left her post under the bed all day. likely, once i was gone, she heard all the noises upstairs and was too terrified to move.

I decided this was not a good state of affairs, who knew how many other times she would try the same trick? so I took matters into my own hands and found a solution:

that is right, I have boxed in my bed. this is the stuff that I usually make baz a cage with, but she is living free in the bathroom at the moment. I had to tie it on with yarn. I have now ruined all that was fun about our apartment. I am such a mean mom. I also caught her and cut her toenails!

Epilogue:
as soon as I finished getting it all tied on, I settled in on my bed with a stack of articles to read. In my shifting around to get comfy, one of the articles slipped down between the mattress and the headboard, under the bed. the bed that I had just blocked all access to. It was an article I need to write a paper on. I ended up having to lift up the mattress in order to reach it. =sigh=

No comments: