Sorry about that, stepped out for awhile, but I think I am back now. Not quite sure of course. In any case, enjoy the new look, very fitting, I thought, for a library science degree!
So, things I did while I was away:
- finished a summer semester of school which was mostly about children's librarianship
- got only two co-op interviews and thankfully was offered a position at Library and Archives Canada
- moved to Ottawa for four months for said position
- had an awesome roommate (the best ever!) and a terrible landlady (just par for the course)
- had a great job at LAC and learned a lot. Especially how to work with archivists, we are a weird lot
- Saw one best friend for a few hours on Christmas Eve, and another for an overnight in T.O. both visits were way too short. We need to live closer!
- moved back to London into a one bedroom apartment I am subletting from a friend who was lucky enough to get an extension on her co-op
- started my last semester of my MLIS with 2 archives courses, web design, and the dreaded management!
I cannot wait to be done this degree! I am ready to be a grown-up with a proper job, having enough money to actually feed and clothe myself and have some fun too! I look forward to weekends and evenings that do not have any schoolwork looming overhead! Maybe live in a city long enough to know where I am going and how to get there! Live in a place where Baz can live with me again! Own a car, a house, ... a baby carriage?
I really hate this feeling of waiting for my life to begin.
I know that finishing this degree won't magically make all this happen, but it will at least get rid of that "stalled in neutral" feeling (that is probably a bad analogy since I only drive automatic)
At the moment I would just settle for having a reason to not still be in my pyjams at 4pm on a Saturday.