Friday, May 8, 2009

Grace in Small Things: Day 1

Ok, I will finally break down and jump on the Grace in Small Things bandwagon. We shall see how long I stick with it. For those of you who don't know, you make a list of five things you are greatful for each day in order to look on the bright side of life.

1. Babies. A friend has been over helping get our house ready to go on the market on Monday, and she brings her 7 month old son with her. He is such a chubby cheerful baby! Who can resist a baby who smiles and giggles and makes rasberries all day! I have been doing much baby stealing.

2. A house to myself. i am housesitting for three weeks. Just having my own bed in an actual bedroom is a luxury. So nice to be able to watch what I want on TV for as long as I want at night. What's even better is that I don't have to make dinner for myself!

3. Job possibility. I had a phone interview on Tuesday, and got a call today to arrange to go down to meet the supervisor next Wednesday. This job would involve the need for a car and to convince a cousin that she wants a roomate for the summer. But it would mean the opportunity to help create a museum from the bottom up, so awesome!

4. More job possibilities. The job that I have written three exams for so far finally wants me to come in and do and interview! I it is in Toronto! I don't have to go all the way to Ottawa! This is a permanent full time job with the Fed Gov, so fingers crossed!

5. Finished! I am done my thesis, I have the names for my final two readers, and I will be defending sometime after June 8th. I am pretty sure my advisor just went into the department office and said "Who's around this summer?" cause my other two readers are an environmental historian and someone in women's studies.

No comments: