Ok, I will finally break down and jump on the Grace in Small Things bandwagon. We shall see how long I stick with it. For those of you who don't know, you make a list of five things you are greatful for each day in order to look on the bright side of life.
1. Babies. A friend has been over helping get our house ready to go on the market on Monday, and she brings her 7 month old son with her. He is such a chubby cheerful baby! Who can resist a baby who smiles and giggles and makes rasberries all day! I have been doing much baby stealing.
2. A house to myself. i am housesitting for three weeks. Just having my own bed in an actual bedroom is a luxury. So nice to be able to watch what I want on TV for as long as I want at night. What's even better is that I don't have to make dinner for myself!
3. Job possibility. I had a phone interview on Tuesday, and got a call today to arrange to go down to meet the supervisor next Wednesday. This job would involve the need for a car and to convince a cousin that she wants a roomate for the summer. But it would mean the opportunity to help create a museum from the bottom up, so awesome!
4. More job possibilities. The job that I have written three exams for so far finally wants me to come in and do and interview! I it is in Toronto! I don't have to go all the way to Ottawa! This is a permanent full time job with the Fed Gov, so fingers crossed!
5. Finished! I am done my thesis, I have the names for my final two readers, and I will be defending sometime after June 8th. I am pretty sure my advisor just went into the department office and said "Who's around this summer?" cause my other two readers are an environmental historian and someone in women's studies.