Thursday, May 21, 2009

Worst Interview Ever

I had an interview for the job that I have already written 3 exams for yesterday. If I somehow make it past the interview, then I will have to do the language exam. And then If i pass that, I will be placed in a pool of qualified candidates from which to hire over the next 18 months.

I don't think I will make it to the language exam.

I was nervous. My mind went blank. And finally, I read one of the questions wrong.

I read it wrong, and then when the man tried to gently pull my answer in the right direction, I looked at him like he had three heads and was thinking "Why the hell is he asking me that?!", when I looked down at the question and my brain highlighted the words I hadn't seen before. Things kinda fell apart after that.

I'm not sure I really want to work for them anyway, but it would have been nice to be eliminated over something I have no control over, rather than my own stupidity.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Oh, hon. That sounds really rough. Is there any word on that cool job with the museum and the old timey farm implements?