Wednesday, June 10, 2009

While we're waiting....

Conversation with my internet provider tech guy while waiting for the lights to light up on the modem:

IPTG: (in deadpan bored teenage boy voice) Is that your mom laughing in the background?

C: Yes

IPTG: Were you surprised I could hear her?

C: No, we're pretty loud laughers in this family.

IPTG: Oh... do you have room to adopt another person?

C: Umm...... We're pretty full up.....

IPTG: How many brothers and sisters do you have?

C: I have a brother

IPTG: Is he older or younger?

C: He's two years older.

IPTG: Oh. I guess that's alright then. ... I have two sisters. They're 10 and 12.

C: Oh, I am sorry to hear that.

IPTG: thanks.

C: .... Well, umm... The light is still just blinking .....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and you could have had a date...... :P

Star Dr.

Unknown said...

I agree, or t least exchanged numbers and gotten to talk to him again.

C said...

he was like 18 guys! geez! i am not a cradle robber!