Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What's in a name?

I have been sewing up a storm lately, and making a lot of things for other people, so, i am starting to think of names for my sewing/crafty business...

First on the list so far is "llamalass sweatshop"

this idea came to me when i was sewing in the laundry room with the iron on and the dryer going.

that is really it on the list.  I thought about P.O.E.  but that is too limiting.  people expect only goth or alternative stuff if you have a name like that.

I showed my brother a purse i made on the weekend, and he said "don't you need a name or something if you are going to sell a bag?" so i told him i was thinking of llamalass sweatshop, and he said "oh, ok," and went on eating tostitos and gaucomole.  i think that means he liked the name.  not sure, but i think.

so what do you guys think?

i am also toying with the idea of opening an etsy shop.  does anybody know anyone who has opened one?  i do better with computer stuff with someone showing me what to do than reading their instructions.

1 comment:

Ky said...

Dude, llamas sweatshop is brilliant. Go with it.

Also, check out Schmutzie.com. She's got an etsy shop and it's great and she's pretty friendly so you could ask for advice.