Thursday, January 14, 2010

My walk home

My walk home from school involves a cute little one-person-wide bridge over a half frozen river, and a path that takes me past another college which has a daycare.

Today as I walked past, there were four kids playing in the snow in front of the building, and six parents hanging around chatting on the sidewalk.

One little girl was sitting by herself on the snowbank, yelling at the top of her lungs.

"Ah! Oh! Stop, Barry Pepper! Stop! Ah! Oh! Ah!"

Her voice wasn't whiny, she was just yelling in short little bursts, with pretty much no inflection at all.

None of the adults were paying any attention.

Only one of the kids jumped a bit.

She turned and gave me the biggest smile when I walked past.

Her dad (I assume) was facing the other way, talking on his cell phone, "What? Oh yeah, that's her. She's playing with her friends."

No comments: